Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ancillary relief

Posted by stevieboy01 
Ancillary relief
November 29, 2021 06:17PM
Hi,

I have been separated for over 2 years now, My petition is with the courts, an application for ancillary relief has been made by my Ex. both siblings are over 18 and live with their mother. We sold the marital home and agreed to split the equity 50/50 I earn slightly less than my Ex and have 2 pensions one in payment now. My Ex is co inhabiting and has just bought a house before any financial settlement has been agreed. Will this be taken into account as part of the financial agreement? Can costs for PSOs be argued as it is in the thousands for both pensions.
Re: Ancillary relief
November 30, 2021 11:17AM
If your ex has bought a house and is cohabiting it is relevant, yes, because it affects her needs. In most ordinary cases needs are very important in determining the outcome. You will also be entitled to know the financial circumstances of her cohabitee. That's not because you can claim anything from him but his financial circumstances are also relevant to your ex's needs.

As to the costs of a pension sharing order, no, they very likely cannot be avoided if a pension sharing order is an appropriate part of the outcome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login