Terry & Co Home

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The ultimate nightmare...

Posted by Spangle 
The ultimate nightmare...
May 15, 2021 02:17PM
I'll try to keep this brief:

I married a Ukrainian woman in Ukraine in 2016,and after great expense and difficulty obtained a UK spouse visa for her to come to the UK in March 2018. Two weeks after she arrived, I noticed that she only really wanted to be in the UK for financial reasons. She was also actively in contact with Ukrainian and Russian men in the UK. She is from the Donetsk region of Ukraine,and I believe she is part of an organised group.

UK visa law states that if there is any evidence of domestic violence of any kind ,she could get full benefits and legal aid to stay in the UK, and achieve settled status for a visa, effectively circumventing UK immigration law. She would then be able to bring her family from Ukraine to the UK. She made a false allegation of domestic abuse against me, however no action was taken against me and I left the house because I knew what she was doing. I haven't seen her in 3 years, and commenced divorce proceedings quickly.

She has finally responded to the petition, and says she will defend the divorce; she gets all this for free from her lies to get legal aid. I cannot afford all this, and she gets it at the tax payer's expense. Because she made an unfounded and unproven allegation against me, she can string things out and get all her costs met. She contributed zero money to anything, and we only lived together in the UK for just under 3 weeks before she pulled her stunt.

She uses an address she is not at in the UK, and has mail forwarded to her-I have no idea where she is. In the opinion of anyone reading this, will that all be taken into account, and will the fact she only lived with me for 3 weeks in a rented property before disappearing mean she can get less from me financially.

This has totally destroyed my life; made me ill and I've been treated for depression.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 02:21PM by Spangle.
Re: The ultimate nightmare...
May 16, 2021 12:01PM
>>will the fact she only lived with me for 3 weeks in a rented property before disappearing mean she can get less from me financially.

Yes.

However, everything you say about the consequence of making an allegation of domestic violence in this situation is that the complainant is automatically entitled to legal aid and entitled to remain in the UK is a national scandal. Although it outrages ordinary citizens it doesn't seem to bother the politicians who make these foolish laws.
Re: The ultimate nightmare...
May 16, 2021 05:47PM
David Terry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>will the fact she only lived with me for 3 weeks
> in a rented property before disappearing mean she
> can get less from me financially.
>
> Yes.
>
> However, everything you say about the consequence
> of making an allegation of domestic violence in
> this situation is that the complainant is
> automatically entitled to legal aid and entitled
> to remain in the UK is a national scandal.
> Although it outrages ordinary citizens it doesn't
> seem to bother the politicians who make these
> foolish laws.


Thank you for your response.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login