How credible this solicitor is?
October 28, 2020 12:44PM
I was advised by solicitor to accept all reason to start proceedings and keep costs down this way.

Is that true that 'unreasonable behaviour' reasons are not going to have any effect on division of finances/assets and my future life? No kids.

I don't want to be screwed over in case he has any connection with my wife's solicitor [undisclosed conflict of interest] - she had affair with her solicitor time ago.

As most of the initial advice stays behind closed door... This could be bad.

Most important excerpts:

* [..] assault [...] i.e. [...] spank [...] pinch hard [..]

* [...] silent treatment for a month [...] leading to self harm [..]

Thanks
Re: How credible this solicitor is?
October 28, 2020 02:49PM
>>Is that true that 'unreasonable behaviour' reasons are not going to have any effect on division of finances/assets and my future life?

Yes. In extreme circumstances they can have an effect such as where one spouse is convicted of attempting to kill the other but in the overwhelming number of cases (99%) they have no effect. Yours seem to fall in the 99% category.

Please note that second guessing your solicitor is a mug's game. You are paying for that advice. There isn't much point in paying for advice if you ignore it.
October 28, 2020 03:16PM
Thanks that should do for me.

I'm conditioned to get second opinions and second opinions on second opinions on landmark points.
October 28, 2020 05:49PM
>>I'm conditioned to get second opinions

Then be upfront about it and tell your solicitor that. What you are doing is not really getting a second opinion. Your solicitor has seen the divorce petition. He/she has seen the particulars of behaviour, knows whether your ex is claiming costs, what those costs are likely to be, whether there is an agreement on costs etc. All you have done is post a few generalised lines taken from the particulars with no meaningful context. That is not seeking a second opinion. It is presenting selected facts. Adopting this type of approach is a recipe for misery. It is called 'buyer's regret'.
October 28, 2020 08:24PM
I had another solicitors meetings scheduled.

Asking questions on internet is by no means way of getting accurate answers, but can give leads worth checking before more leads follow.

Source: I'm doing research on daily basis and yes your remarks are spot on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2020 08:28PM by uk-II.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login