Terry & Co Home

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marital Assets - Children's Beds

Posted by Genesis01 
Marital Assets - Children's Beds
July 18, 2019 08:25PM
Divorce still continuing, whereby ex lives in house with the children. 2 weeks ago, however, things took a big twist and I'm now looking after the children. I'm scurring around trying to find somewhere to live for us all, and have just managed to secure an unfurnished private rent in another town.

When it comes to getting the beds for the children, are they classed as a marital asset, or are they the childrens property? I'm seeing my solicitor on Monday to discuss everything that has happened, but would be good to know in advance where I stand in telling my ex that I'll need specific things for them.

Bit more info... at the moment she may well only get supervised visits with the children, so she won't need the beds for them.
Re: Marital Assets - Children's Beds
July 19, 2019 10:25AM
Courts are not interested in beds. Your solicitor will no doubt tell you so on Monday.
July 20, 2019 08:13AM
Ask the wife for the beds, is she tells you to FO then have a look on Gumtree or Facebook, there are always good second hand beds on there that are suitable for children. You now need to focus on the things that matter, not the trivial things.
July 20, 2019 09:05PM
Yeah, I've already done that. Beds etc. are on their way. It's just that financially it's quite a hit to get a new flat kitted out, especially when there is stuff for the kids already at their old house.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login