Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Financail settlement

Posted by Dee Dee 
Financail settlement
April 12, 2023 05:55PM
My husband moved out two years ago during lockdown, I have applied for divorce and need to come to an amicable settlement. Since separating he has drawn down and spent his pension which i believe should be a marital asset. I do not have a pension, he initially agreed to let me have the house as the equity in the home is around the same amount as the value of the pension. He is now asking for 50% of the equity in house, he has not contributed towards the mortgage or helped me financially since separation.there are no other assets from the marriage.will the pension value from the time of separation will be still be considered? He is working full time and has been living with a new partner for over a year, the marriage was 33years. I am working partime at present.
Re: Financail settlement
April 16, 2023 05:26PM
The exact outcome depends upon the figures. If your husband has since separation drawn down and spent a pension which accrued while you were together then it is entirely reasonable that this asset should be counted back in towards his share of the matrimonial assets. Incidentally if he has been living with a new partner for a year then you are entitled to know her basic financial situation because that is very relevant to his needs compared to yours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login