Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Statement of Information for a consent order

Posted by Turnip26 
Statement of Information for a consent order
February 02, 2023 01:00PM
Hi, I have just received a "without prejudice" offer which includes a "statement of information for a consent order" which has been updated by my wife's solicitor.

In my original submission, I included my two children (aged 14 & 16) who are from a previous relationship, not this marriage, because the payment of child maintenance plus school trips abroad, pocket money and sundry items for schools is a significant portion of my outgoing income. I earn £1624.26 per month net and child maintenance is £261.88, school trips £166.67 (£2000 pa), pocket money £65 and uniform, stationery, etc £16.67. That totals £510.22 per month.

Her solicitor has acknowledged the child maintenance but discarded the rest which artificially inflates my income on the form. Is it valid for me to insist that these legitimate outgoings should be included?

We have also agreed on the split of property with me keeping the matrimonial home and her keeping our previous house which is now a buy-to-let. We both intend to keep these properties yet the solicitor has added 2% sales fees into the calculation - is that normal? I don't understand why you would include them.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Re: Statement of Information for a consent order
February 02, 2023 04:18PM
>>Her solicitor has acknowledged the child maintenance but discarded the rest which artificially inflates my income on the form. Is it valid for me to insist that these legitimate outgoings should be included? <<

Yes, you can insist. You are one who is signing that the information you give is accurate not your wife's solicitor. As long as it is made clear on the form exactly what the payments are for I see no problem.

>>We both intend to keep these properties yet the solicitor has added 2% sales fees into the calculation - is that normal? I don't understand why you would include them.<<

It is not uncommon to include costs of sale because what a property is worth is actually the net value after costs of sale. Having said that, if you are both agreed you are each going to retain the respective properties it is debatable whether costs of sale need to be included. There are no fixed rules about it. Both interpretations are reasonable in this case.
Re: Statement of Information for a consent order
February 02, 2023 04:36PM
Thank you David, clear, concise and very helpful as ever!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login