Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ex won't sign clean break

Posted by Vik2001 
Ex won't sign clean break
April 13, 2022 10:19PM
Had a short marriage of 3 months. Got the marriage annulled. Decree nisi was obtained.
The ex then out of blue asked for a clean break consent order and asked my solicitor draft it up. So we obliged and I filled in d81. Now ex won't sign the consent order nor exchange d81 and refusing to do so. She keeps playing games and I believe this was intentional for me to waste more money.
We never had no assets together or children.

Today I filed for the absolute as solicitor said no harm to do so, considering also she now won't sign consent order she wanted.

Can I enforce the consent order? What would need to be done. Can a notice to show cause be done?I dont want it to drag on just want piece of mind and move on
Re: Ex won't sign clean break
April 14, 2022 11:41AM
There is no consent order to enforce. Your ex has clearly not consented and you cannot force her to consent.
April 15, 2022 03:28AM
So how would I get a clean break if she is now not consenting and ignoring this, considering it was her idea and she asked me to get it drafted???

Thnx
April 15, 2022 11:51AM
You can only do it by making a court application and assuming that a court agrees that a clean break would be appropriate. Whether to incur these significant costs very much depends upon weighing up the pros and cons in the individual case.
April 15, 2022 03:01PM
What sort of bracket would the costs be in the range of??
April 15, 2022 04:54PM
(1) Depends on how much the solicitors you instruct (if any charge) and (2) whether it goes the full distance to needing to be decided by a judge or whether it settles by agreement at some point before that.
April 15, 2022 06:01PM
What is the process called of taking it to a judge, ancillary relief?
April 16, 2022 12:30PM
It used to be called that. Nowadays they try to use language which is self explanatory rather than obscure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login