Said won’t sign.
December 07, 2019 07:42AM
Morning.

He has said when he receives the petition, he is not going to sign, and as he lives in Thailand there is sweet F.A I can do about it.

He has no plans to return to England.

How on earth can I get a divorce like this. It’s over 5 years since the split.

Thank you.
Re: Said won’t sign.
December 07, 2019 04:32PM
Assuming the divorce is on a ground which does not require his consent then whether he signs the paperwork and returns it doesn't matter a jot. PROVIDED it can be proved that the divorce petition has been served on him then a divorce can proceeds 31 days after service whether he returns the paperwork or not. There are various ways of serving a divorce petition in such a way that service can be proved. When the respondent is in Thailand the two most common ways of doing it are (a) to have someone hand to him personally the divorce petition in Thailand or (b) to do it on some occasion when he returns to the UK and you know where he is. Christmas is often such an opportunity.
December 07, 2019 11:12PM
Thank you.

He’s def not returning .. has no plans, I believe he has some visa that he no linger needs to return to U.K. for a new visa.

Can I fill petition then send recorded deliver to Thailand, I do have his address.. I cannot afford to go over.. and have no one to give to and take for me.

def do not need his consent as over 5 years.. the idiot said no divorce as he’s not going to ever get remarried but I prob will.,
December 08, 2019 10:32AM
You can only prove service of the petition if he, not someone else, signs for it. Since there are rules about personal service effected by the petitioner (as opposed to a lawyer acting on the petitioner's behalf) you would be wise to seek legal advice about how exactly you do it.
December 09, 2019 08:21AM
Thanks..

Will get legal advice
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login