Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How long will it take

Posted by Nona123 
How long will it take
September 12, 2021 02:26PM
Hi

My partner is getting divorced based on 2 years living apart, and commenced the process in March. It seems to be taking extraordinary long as he has yet to receive the first part, decri nisi. I was just wondering in covid times what are the average time frames you could expect to get to the first stage, decri nisi and then to finalising the full divorce? I know it varies case to case, but I'm just curious, average timescales, providing the other party is of course consenting. We are not an online application but a paper one.
Re: How long will it take
September 12, 2021 05:14PM
>> It seems to be taking extraordinary long as he has yet to receive the first part, decri nisi

Tell me about it. The length of time it takes courts to deal with divorce wouldn't be out of place in a third world country. Pre-covid they were already disgracefully slow. Covid has made it ten times worse. Supermarkets and DIY stores etc run with minimum disruption but any organisation which has been producer captured like the courts, the Passport Office, the DVLA, schools etc is very different. I am still waiting for one court to send me a court order which was made last February. I wish I could tell you how long it will take but these days no-one can say.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login