Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Annulment and clean break

Posted by Vik2001 
Annulment and clean break
March 11, 2022 06:04PM
Hi
Do I need a clean break order if my annulment is going through?
The other side has asked for a clean break order... I thought In annulment we don't need one. We also was totally financially independent of each other so had nothing together.

Thanks
Re: Annulment and clean break
March 12, 2022 11:14AM
Financial issues need to be settled formally and finally whether the relationship ends by divorce or annulment.
March 15, 2022 07:46PM
Thanks. She's asking for clean break which I have no issue with. But she's asking I be the applicant in the d81 form. Shouldnt I be the respondent if she's asking for a clean break, or does it not matter what way around it is.

We was only married for 3 months, the decree nisi has been granted for annulment. Should I wait for the the clean break before doing absolute or does it not matter in this case as we going for clean break.

Still surprised we have to do clean break in a marriage of only 3 months.
March 16, 2022 11:26AM
It doesn't matter which way around it is but it is prudent to deal with all possible financial claims formally and finally. It is prudent also to get it done sooner rather than later because the longer it is left usually the more difficult it is get any co-operation.
March 22, 2022 08:39AM
I had a house in my sole name before marriage and some savings. As we was only together for 3 months, got it annuled, could she be entitled to 50/50?
We always kept our finances separate and had not got anything together during our short marriage.
March 22, 2022 10:33AM
It seems unlikely that she would be entitled to half. In general in a relationship as short as this the courts will try, in the absence of any compelling reason to the contrary, to put both parties back in the position they were in before.
March 22, 2022 03:56PM
Thanks David for your replies. Just to understand a clean break order wouldn't give her 50/50 to my house, which I had before marriage.
March 23, 2022 12:12PM
A clean break simply means that there is no ongoing spousal maintenance. That is all it means.
April 06, 2022 08:40PM
I can basically apply for the absolute from next week. Should I wait and get the consent order submitted first?
Or is it fine in my situation to get the absolute done first before the consent order is sealed.

I really want to get the absolute done. But I don't want delays with the consent order to. How long will I be waiting on for all this or is it done together when I submit absolute?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login