Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Divorce and property

Posted by SebSanchez 
Divorce and property
March 29, 2021 02:38AM
Hi
I have been seperated from my wife for over 4 years, I have been paying child maintenance for my two sons ever since. Recently I bought a flat to live in because in past 4 years I have been renting, stayed with family and in B&B, so I bought a 1 bedroom flat through an auction because it was cheap and affordable due to vast improvement and modernisation it needed to be make it liveable. Now my wife who was content with separation and never wanted to file for divorce in past has heard about the flat and now wants to divorce because she believes she can claim half of it. If this does happen than I will practically be homeless. I would appreciate some advice from anybody with some form of expertise on similar matter and what my options are? Thank you
Re: Divorce and property
March 29, 2021 10:51AM
It is extremely unlikely that your wife would entitled to half of your flat. Where has she been living for the last four years? By the way, you should not leave it to your wife to decide when you are divorced. If the marriage is over then you can and should end it by divorce regardless of what your wife wants. You do not need her permission or co-operation in order to do that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login