Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ex Wife Applying to Set Aside Financial Settlement

Posted by Petecaw 
Ex Wife Applying to Set Aside Financial Settlement
August 13, 2021 10:17PM
Hello, Everyone I hope every one is well,

its been a very long 2.5 years, we finally got out clean break and finaanical settlement agreed in court in January 2021, My ex wife has finally moved out the matrimonial home and relocated 150 miles away.

Expects to me 2 do round trips every weekend 600 miles in total (Thats another story)

Now I'm about to exchange contracts on the sale of the matrimonial home, she has now decided to apply to set aside the Financial agreement, on basis I did not disclose everything on form E or Hearing, Apparently she was unaware of a 1 of our particular Business owned and "its bank account", myself and our other business was listed as share holders at companies house.

Yet There is Bank Transfers of Money going to her personal account and the other business accounts she managed since I resigned in 2019 from the account she supposedly unaware of?

I listed the company on my form E and my share, and she also I disclosed that where a bank account. on the questions round, yet she or her solicitor never requested to see that business bank account. my solicitor informs me that I don't have to submit Business Bank accounts by default as there are there own Legal entity, unless requested. not sure how true this is?

My Solicitor as responded a informed her legal representation that they are incorrect and I had disclosed what they ae saying I haven't, and also pointed out were in court bundle where its all mentioned.

My solicitor has not had a response and my ex and her solicitor are continuing to apply to set aside the order, I can't quite see what this will achieve.in all honesty that account only ever had approx 11k go into he account. she had a 1k, the other business had 6k and I had about 5k I used to live on and pay solicitor fees, and that was all gone by January 2020

is a judge really going to entertain £5k which had gone by the court hearing.

Regards

Pete
Re: Ex Wife Applying to Set Aside Financial Settlement
August 14, 2021 05:21PM
>>Expects to me 2 do round trips every weekend 600 miles in total

You would be unwise to do that.

As to your main point it is not so easy to set aside a court order where both sides were legally represented.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login